Here are some athletes to keep an eye on at Whitman-Hanson Regional High:
• Malcom Alcorn-Crowder, Football Senior — His Twitter handle is @BigMal234 for a reason. He’s big. 6-foot-6 and 260 pounds to be exact. He looks like a man among boys along the defensive line. He registered 34 tackles, 11 for loss, and four sacks last season and was named a Patriot League Keenan Division All-Star.
• Olivia Borgen, Girls’ Soccer Senior — Good luck finding a better athlete roaming the field than Borgen. The Penn State commit, who was an All-New England first-team selection last fall, enters her senior year with 39 goals and 25 assists. The speedy midfielder also holds the W-H girls’ outdoor track 100-meter dash school record (:12.44).
• Myah Kamperides, Girls’ Cross Country Senior — You can’t talk about speed without mentioning Myah Kamperides. She is chasing her third straight Patriot League Keenan Division All-Star nod in cross country. Her coach said she’s “one of the most dedicated and enthusiastic runners” he’s had the privilege to teach.
• Ava Melia, Girls’ Soccer Senior — The senior captain is the backbone of the Panthers’ defense. An EMass’ All-State first-team pick last fall, Melia is an every-minute player and a headache for the opposition to game plan for.
• Will Stafford, Football Senior — Will Stafford’s work ethic is second to none — especially in the weight room. The bruising running back broke onto the scene as a sophomore and followed that up with a productive junior campaign — highlighted by an 85-yard output against Silver Lake. He’s a strong safety on defense. In the classroom, he boasts a 3.9 GPA.
• Honorable mentions: Boys’ soccer — Wes Marquez (junior) … Girls’ soccer — Kayla Cassidy (junior), Nora Manning (senior) … Field hockey — Lauren Dunn (senior) … Girls’ volleyball — Lily Welch (senior).